Thursday, March 20, 2008

Japan to pay billions to cut emissions


TOKYO - Japanese households and businesses could end up paying more than $500 billion to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 11 percent over the next decade, the trade and industry ministry said Wednesday.

The report mapped out the changes that consumers and industry would have to make in order to cut emissions of carbon dioxide and other gases blamed for global warming below 2005 levels by 2020.

The forecast, by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, comes as Japan is struggling to meet obligations under the kyoto global warming pact to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 6 percent under 1990 levels by 2012.


source:- Yahoo News

full article


3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    great blog....very informative...keep posting
    adrian2514 said...
    Hey! Thanks for the great info about Japan's efforts to cut emmission. The Japanese are always looking toward the future!

    I was browsing through a bunch of green websites and blogs and I came across yours and found it very interesting. There are a bunch of others I like too, like the daily green, ecorazzi and earthlab.com. I especially like EarthLab.com’s carbon calculator (http://www.earthlab.com/signupprofile/). I find it really easy to use (it doesn’t make me feel guilty after I take it).

    Are there any others you would recommend? Can you drop me a link to your favorites (let me know if they are the same as mine).
    Dhairya Thakker(Admin) said...
    Thanks Rahul for your compliment. Users like you keep us motivated.
    -----------------------------------
    Adrain... I'd be honest with you... I have no favourites. What I do is keep a track of the latest buzz concerning Global Warming and Climate change through local media and other sources on the web, particularly those that I've put up on the right side of the front page of my blog.

    Thank you so much for giving me your valuable time. It's very encouraging to have active readers like you. cheers!

Post a Comment



  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP